Friday, October 11, 2013

Purpose

"For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Eph 2: 10)
I receive a daily e-devotional from Girlfriends in God through Biblegateway.com. I don't necessarily READ them daily, but let them accumulate and then I'll go through a bunch. I was doing that during some free time at work, and was particularly struck by the one for Oct. 8th.
She was relating her an experience on a whirlwind missionary trip, and how God broke some walls in her own life as she showed His love by hugging a leper.

"Coincidentally" (ha!) I'd just been thinking about my plans for the next missionary trip (next summer, God willing) and wondering about His message. But it always comes back to the basic one - His love. He SO LOVED the world. I think of all the times I've ministered, praying for people - and embracing them as I do. My pastora friend in Lima has told me that she has heard from people to whom I have ministered, how they have felt as though God Himself were hugging them.

There is a simple song, I Wanna be More Like You (Jesus)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=
EQ8To2Dg9pg
- "I wanna be a vessel You work through." In Spanish instead of merely being a vessel, it's more specific - "yo quiero ser un vaso de Tu amor", I want to be a vessel of Your LOVE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=
d2JiAwcZl6Q


After all, as Paul said in 1 Cor. 13, "If I have not love, I am nothing."
We were created in God's image, and He IS love.
Help me live it, Lord!       









No comments:

Post a Comment