Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Blazing Promotion - Promocion Llameante

I was reading in Daniel 3 today. Now, Daniel in the previous chapter had recently been promoted because he was able to interpret Nebby's dream. The emperor focused on the part that mentioned him as the head of gold and decided a head wasn't enough - he'd make an entire image and demand worship thereof. Of course Danny's friends were good Jewish boys who knew they were not supposed to do that. Neb in a huff heats up the oven and has them thrown in. God intervenes and removes their bonds and they come out not even smelling of smoke. Neb is duly impressed, not only by them, but by their God, and has them promoted.
Estaba leyendo Daniel 3 hoy. Pues, en el capitulo anterior, Daniel ascendia porque podia interpretar su sueño de Neb. El emperador se enfocaba en la parte que lo mencionaba como la cabeza de oro y decidio que la cabeza no era suficiente - haria una imagen entera y mandaria que todos la adoren. Por supuesto sus amigos de Dany eran buenos chicos judios que sabian que no suponian que hacerlo. Neb se apitonaba y calentaba el horno y manda que se echen adentro. Dios interviene y les quita sus ataduras y salen ni aun oliendo de humo. Neb esta bien impresionado, no solo por ellos, mas por su Dios, y los promocionaba.
I was thinking how they were willing to die to obey God. Whatever it cost - they would follow Him. And they bore the consequence. But showing God their steadfastness, He freed them and gave them favor.
Estaba pensando en como estaban dispuestos a morirse para obedecer a Dios. Cualquier sea el precio - lo seguirian. Y aguantaron la consecuencia. Pero al mostrarle a Dios su constancia, El los liberto y les dio favor.
I would like to be willing to take such risks to take a stand . To be willing to face whatever consequences - not to fear Man, nor even a little mockery...I am sure Neb's promotion didn't mean that much to them - he seemed very capricious, promoting one day and throwing in ovens the next - but to have GOD'S approval...THAT is something else!
Me gustaria estar dispuesta a arriesgarme para arremangar. Para estar dispuesta a enfrentarme de cualquier consecuencias - no temer al Hombre, ni aun un poco de burla...Estoy segura que su promocion de Neb no les importaba mucho  - el parecia muy caprichoso, promocionandote un dia y echandote en hornos el proximo - pero el tener su aprobacion de DIOS...ESO es otra cosa!
It also made me consider my own trials, fiery only metaphorically, and gave me hope: If I fix my eyes on my Lord, He Himself will free me of the things that bind me, and in His time deliver and promote me. I need to be faithful, to see His faithfulness work in and through me.
He didn't say it would be easy - but He DID promise He'd be with me. I think I can lay hold of that!
Tambien me hacia considerar mis propias pruebas, ardientes solo metaforicamente, y me daba esperanza: si fijo los ojos en mi Señor, El mismo me libertara de las cosas que me atan, y en su tiempo me librrara y promocionara. Necesito ser fiel para ver la fidelidad suya obrando en y por mi. No dijo que seria facil - sino SI prometio que estaria conmigo. Creo que puedo asirme de eso!

No comments:

Post a Comment