Sunday, November 11, 2012

Saturday's Sudden Glory

Romans 5:  1-5   Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,  through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
En consecuencia, ya que hemos sido justificados mediante la fe, tenemos paz con Dios por medio de nuestro Señor Jesucristo.   También por medio de él, y mediante la fe, tenemos acceso a esta gracia en la cual nos mantenemos firmes. Así que nos regocijamos en la esperanza de alcanzar la gloria de Dios.  Y no sólo en esto, sino también en nuestros sufrimientos, porque sabemos que el sufrimiento produce perseverancia;   la perseverancia, entereza de carácter; la entereza de carácter, esperanza.   Y esta esperanza no nos defrauda, porque Dios ha derramado su amor en nuestro corazón por el Espíritu Santo que nos ha dado.

Suffering is just a part of this life. But in the midst of it, we who are in Christ have great hope. I know this thing with the knee is only temporary. And while I'm enduring the pain thereof, I can see the glory of God at work in my life, producing the perseverance. I have been able to get on my exercise bike without any problem - so I don't have to worry about the weight climbing back on. I thank God for enabling me even to get the machine. And I pulled out the exercises to strengthen my knees prior to surgery if it comes to that, and - glory to God - after having done them, it did indeed seem that my knee bothered me even less.
El sufrimiento simplemente es una parte de esta vida. Pero en medio de el, nosotros que estamos en Cristo tenemos gran esperanza. Se que este asunto de la rodilla solo es temporaneo. Y mientras aguanto el dolor, puedo mirar la gloria de Dios obrando en mi vida, produciendo la perseverancia. He podido montar mi bicicleta estacionaria sin problema - pues no tengo que preocuparme que el peso subira. Doy gracias a Dios por capacitarme de comprar la maquina. Y saque los ejercicios para esforzar las rodillas antes de la cirugia si sea necesaria - y gloria a Dios - habiendolos hecho, me parecia que la rodilla verdaderamente me molestaba menos.

So while it seems ordinary...it is still a wonder that God would care about me. I look for His hand at work. But it does not have to be a "big" thing - nor "super"natural - for it to be His hand at work. I think even of the orthopod's comment when I first went to him about my knee. He said I had arthritis, BADLY, in BOTH knees...and as he continued the examination, he remarked that he was surprised at how much range of motion I had. So...I can say God's hand has been working gloriously in me, using Sparkpeople (and the wonderful support from sisters there) to help me get to this point of fitness, so "late" in life, to be able to have this range of motion. I mean, I can still get down on the floor, AND get back up - it may not be a PRETTY sight, but I can DO it. Glory, glory to God my strength.
Pues aunque parezca ordinario...todavia es una maravilla que Dios cuida de mi. Busco su mano obrando. Pero no tiene que ser nada "grande" ni "super"natural que indica que su mano esta moviendo. Pienso aun del comentario del ortopedico cuando primero me fui por la rodilla. Dijo que yo tenia artritis severo en AMBAS rodilla...y al seguir la examinacion, comentaba que le asombraba caunto podia moverlas. Pues...Puedo decir que la mano de Dios ha estado obrando gloriosamente en mi, utilizando Sparkpeople (y el maravilloso apoyo de las hermanas alla) para ayudarme llegar a esta buena forma, tan "tarde" en la vida, para poder mover las rodillas asi. Es decir, todavia puedo bajarme al piso Y levantarme - no sea una vista BONITA pero lo puedo HACER. Gloria, gloria sea a Dios mi Fuerza.

No comments:

Post a Comment